The SmartData2020 Workshops provide vibrant opportunities for academic researchers and industry practitioners to share their research experiences, original research achievements and practical development products on specific new challenges and emerging issues. The themes of the SmartData2020 Workshops should be related to the scopes of the SmartData2020 main conference, reflecting advances in all aspects of data science foundations, big/ smart data infrastructure and systems, big/ smart data storage and management, big/ smart data processing and analytics, and big/ smart data applications.
The organizers of the SmartData2020 Workshops are expected to soliciting a call for papers, form a program committee to help in the reviewing and selection of papers as well as finalize the workshop program. The registration fees for workshops will be determined by and paid to the main conference. The main conference will provide workshop facilities including the working notes printing, meeting rooms, coffee breaks, lunches, dinners, proceedings, etc.
The proceedings of the SmartData2020 Workshops will be published by IEEE (IEEE-DL and EI indexed) and will be made available to all conference registrants on site. A workshop submission in PDF is limited to 6 pages following the IEEE proceedings format (or up to 8 pages with an additional charge for extra pages), including tables, figures, references and appendices.
Prospective Workshop organizers should send a proposal containing the following information:
- Title of the workshop (Full name and Abbreviation)
- Objectives, scope, and contribution to the main conference (up to 1 page)
- Short bio of the key organizers and their experience on conference or workshop organization
- Procedures for selecting papers, plans for advertising call for papers, and intentions for organizing journal special issues if possible
- The expected number of participants
- A tentative list of program committee members
- The workshop website URL address if available
Each workshop will start to distribute a call for paper after receiving the notification. Papers submitted to each workshop will be reviewed by the program committee and external reviewers of the workshop. Once accepted, each workshop organizers are in charge of:
• Establishing their own paper submission systems.
• Deciding own submission deadlines, but following the same camera-ready deadline and registration deadline as the main conference.
• Ensuring that each paper selected for inclusion in the proceedings will be registered for the main conference at the same registration rates. Each paper must be presented in person by the author, or one of the authors.
Workshop Proposal Submission
Please submit your proposals as a PDF attachment to:
Jihong Ding, Zhejiang University of Technology, China
Waheed Iqbal, University of the Punjab, Pakistan
Isaac Triguero, University of Nottingham, UK
Xia Xie, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Proposal Submission: June 15, 2020
- Proposal Notification: before June 22, 2020
- Camera-ready for papers accepted in the workshops: Sep. 02, 2020